Tuesday, June 01, 2010

"I Not Little"

Photobucket

Joel is growing up every day. Lately he loves to say, "When I get big, I'm going to ..." Sometimes it's go to work like Daddy. His feet will touch the ground while sitting in the chair. All kinds of "big" things. Joel has a strider bike. It is an awesome bike. It teaches young children how to balance on a bike without worrying about pedaling, too. Well, in his "big" stage, he's starting to realize that Daddy and Grandpa both have pedals on their bikes. So... he has learned how to ride a pedal bike. Troy needs to take off the training wheels so we can get him going for real. We think he's ready, he just needs to be able to pedal on our rocky driveway, or Troy needs to take him to a flat surface. So on the way home from picking up his bike yesterday Joel starts talking about Daddy's bike and Grandpa's bike. Then he mentions "Joel's getting big." "Daddy's Big." "Grandpa's Big." I continue the conversation and tell him that Grandpa and Daddy used to be little like you. Joel's response? "I not Little." :) You are so right, Joel, you aren't little anymore are you? Though, someday, even you will know that when you were 3, you were oh so very little, still.

0 comments: