Friday, October 08, 2010

I'm Awake...

Joel woke up last night and I went in his room.. What a conversation.

Joel- I need medicine.
Mom- No you don't. I will let you have a drink of water. It'll make you feel better.
Joel takes a drink and I send him to the bathroom. When he's done...
Joel-I'm awake. I want to stay up.
Mom- No, it is still night.
Joel- I want to stay up. I am awake.
Mom- We are all going back to bed.
Joel- I am awake.
Mom- You are still tired, you are laying on the pile of dirty clothes. Are you going to sleep there?
Joel- No, it's too dark.
Mom- Then go to your room. You have a night light on.
Joel crawls to his room and lays down at the foot of his bed.
Mom- You going to sleep there?
Joel- Yes. I need my sleeping bag.
Mom gives him his sleeping bag and pillow and there he sleeps the rest of the night. I don't think he was as awake as he thought he was. :)

0 comments: