I've been told I need to start a blog about Joel. I've had this one created for awhile now. But I wanted to start from when Joel was born... Well, it just isn't happening. So I figure I better just jump right in. I'm sure I'll reminisce, bringing stories and pictures as I go from Joel's first year.
What an amazing 14 months Troy and I have had. Our first son, Joel Benjamin, was born December 27th, 2006. Now, at almost 14 months, he's is such a joyous part of our family. I miss the newborn days when Joel was still and I could hold him for hours (literally I did...) at a time. But I would never wish Joel to go back to that stage. All that he's learning. Just this week he's decided to spin in circles. He gets such a kick out of spinning. and spinning, and spinning. He's not steady enough yet to do get dizzy from it. And he loves to play with my baby doll. He'll try to change it's diaper, blow his nose. He even gave it a "electric cover plug" as a binky. Not sure why he did that, he hasn't had one of those for months. Of course, the boy in him will hit it upside the head with a wooden spoon. And he gets jealous when I hold it. Squirms into my lap and pushes it to the ground.
He is learning so many words and expressions. We use sign language with him. And he knows nurse, (his favorite I think.) more (whenever he wants something. whether he's already had some), duck, fan (oh this is everything from the fan, lights, dog and of course with the sound effect sschhch. not sure that makes sense, it's kind of throat). Real words he says more, mama,, dada, dog (da), more (moh), wall (ba), and when he wants to nurse he says "bah bah." Not sure what that means, because he doesn't take bottles, which is what that means for most kids his age. maybe water since his wall starts with the ba sound? I've always given him sippy's and say here's your water? Time will tell, I suppose.
We took Joel to the Children's Museum in Omaha yesterday. He had so much fun. They have this HUGE ball area. It's got a lot of baskets to put the balls in, and then air blows through tubes and sends the balls to different areas. There's also different "machines" that kids can use to send the balls to one giant holding area above the middle of the room. Then, every few minutes, the big tank opens up, dropping all the balls onto the children. Joel loved it. We're learning that he's learning the toddlers creed. But, there were bigger toddlers that have learned more of it. hee hee. :)
Monday, February 25, 2008
Here's Joel playing with the baby doll.
Posted by Erynn at 1:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment