Friday, September 26, 2008

Toddler Moments

For lunch Joel wouldn't eat. Ok, naptime came so when he woke I reoffered lunch. He still wouldn't have it. Laid down on the bench and cried for oh, 20 minutes. Every once in awhile he reached his hand out to the goodies cupboard. I decided to make him a butter sandwich, which he ate willingly. Afterwards he hands me his lunch bowl. "Duh.." Joels says. (done) He immediately reaches his hand to the goodies cabinet. Ok, mom has weak momdent after dealing with crying for so long and takes him to the cupboard. Joel points to the poptarts. Ok, you can have a poptart. So he sits back down and as I bring it to the table, he cries and points back to the cupboard. Figuring that he really wanted the applesauce and it's healthier anyway, I go back and grab the applesauce. He starts to get really excited until he sees it's red. I tell Joel, sorry we don't have any pudding. (since that's really what he wanted all along...) He does end up eating some of the poptart, and applesauce after a bit more crying... And now he asks for more milk, so I fill his cup up since I'm thirsty and drink a little and back to more tantrums...I guess cause I drank some milk???

0 comments: