Growing Up
Every so often I realize that Joel is not the baby that he once was. This past week was yet another example. Joel spent many days with his grandparents. I think they enjoyed it, but for me, it was difficult. By Thursday I was ready to pick him up...and then of course Troy planned on them having him for a few more days. They came out with him one day and when it was time to leave, he didn't want to stay home. He was ready to get in the car and go bye bye. With a wave and a smile he got in the car and left.
Joel is also becoming real intelligent as well. Troy is surprised at how well he follows directions. It's pretty nice though that he can climb into his carseat all by himself. Of course, he's still working on strapping himself in. His speech is getting really good. He'll repeat nearly anything I say. My favorite word to hear him say is diaper..."diapee." I don't know why, it's just cute. Joel has decided he knows what he wants and what he doesn't as well. Yesterday I pulled out a bag of snack crackers and he sat down eagerly. Pulled one out, "uh uh" he says and gives it to me to eat. I think what he's looking for are "cookies." I've kinda spoiled him a bit with sweets being in the camper. Now he likes anything that resembles a cookie and pudding instead of applesauce... Joel is the first kid that I've seen actually eat ketchup like you're supposed to, by dipping. All other kids I've seen eat it by the spoonsful. He has to have ketchup on everything, meat, veggies bread. If it's on his plate he'll dip into it first, and take a bite, not suck the ketchup off. As long as he's eating, I don't care if he eats it with ketchup.

0 comments:
Post a Comment