Friday, June 27, 2008

18 Months Old

Today marks such a milestone for me. The beginning of my favorite months. Already I am beginning to see what it is about that age that fascinates me. Joel is beginning to repeat things that I say. Everything from Thank-you, bye, to No touch. Books used to be a thing that sat in the bookshelf or eaten. Now it's all about books. Usually Joel is reading one while I read another. Rarely is he in my lap while I read. Too busy for that. Songs and action plays are at the top of his play list. I taught him the 3 little monkeys swinging in a tree action song and he LOVES it. Instead of putting his thumbs to the sides of his face in that moose teasing pose, Joel uses his pointer fingers. Joel is beginning to point to his body parts. Nose and mouth he's always known, but he's been picking up on belly, toes, ear, mouth, tongue to name a few. It's all about balls these days. Throwing, hiding, rolling them under the changing table for mom to fetch. His favorite game is hiding his shoes. We will "hide" them under a bucket and say, "Where are your shoes?" He's learned to put both palms up as if asking where??

He's getting real smart as well. We have a backseat policeman on our hands. Everytime Troy or I forget to put on our seat belt, Joel whines and points at the metal buckle until we put it on. Temper tantrums started about a week or so ago. We had a few rough days where everything was lost on the tantrum. It's slowed quite a bit the last few days and he's begun to see that Mommy and Daddy just ignore him and he doesn't get what he wants...even if it's in the middle of a parking lot.

I wish I could post an 18 month picture or video. I am waiting to receive my card reader in the mail. Soon we'll get some more updated photos. :)

0 comments: