Friday, June 13, 2008

Beginnings of Potty Training??

Turn your back for a second when you have a toddler and anything could happen. Today I looked back at Joel to see him just climbing up and over onto the top of his changing table. Scares me like crazy him climbing up on that wobbly thing. Well, he just lays down, so I figure I better check and sure enough he was poopy. Did he know that he needed changed so he just got on up there?? Lately from a rash he's been crying when he's poopy, but he just sat there nice and calm like he wanted that stuff gone from him.

Other signs that makes me think potty training is in the future (near or far is up to Joel I suppose)

*Every once in a while while playing, Joel will just suddenly stop playing and put his hand in front of his diaper area.
*Sometimes when he's got to do his job he will hide from me. If I catch him and walk over to where he is he'll leave and hide somewhere else till his job is done.

For now when I see these two things happen I sign and say "Are you going potty?" I have tried putting him on the big potty when he's been dry a time or two, but that hasn't worked out well. I need to get him a potty chair to get him used to sitting on it.

1 comments:

ellegirl said...

Hunter does the same thing (grabbing his diaper when he's pooping). He also is skilled at removing the diaper at will. We're getting a potty for him in July after our vacation. :-)