Monday, June 30, 2008

Like a kid in a toystore.....

Yesterday we went shopping at Target. Joel had a giftcard to use, so we went to the toy aisles. There I went up and down every aisle looking for the "perfect" toy. I was a little frustrated. I just couldn't find that perfect toy. They all seemed like something that some day would just go into the toybox unattended, pieces missing, etc. I go back to where I left Joel and his daddy, and what had they been doing the whole time I was searching for the perfect toy? Playing with a kickball... yup... guess what we bought and took home with us... the "perfect" toy. :)

I have to admit, it was so much fun watching Joel play in that store. He'd go from his ball and see something on the bottom shelf. Drop the ball and pick up the toy. Carry it until he'd get to the end of the aisle and see a big dump truck. Drop the toy and grab the dump truck. Pushing it several aisles down, his eye catches on something else fascinating... Not sure what it was, but it didn't last long because he went back to the dump truck and drove it back to us. But end the end, it was the ball we bought (and all other balls that they strategically placed every other aisle in the toy area....) that was the "toy" of the day. We had fun playing at Target yesterday, Just like a kid is the toy store.

0 comments: