Tuesday, July 01, 2008


Precious Moments

As Joel grows up, he wants less and less to be held and more independence. Even when reading his books, he has to sit across from me... you know, in case he needs to get up and play or something. :) Oh he'll come when he's hurt, but it's usually only a quick snuggle and then he's off again. So today I know I received a precious moment. After coming inside from the swimming pool I got his wet clothes off and wrapped him in a towel. A few seconds later Joel was fussing because the towel came off. I dressed him, but he still wanted the towel. I figured, why not. So wrapped him back up. He came over to me and laid in my lap and just snuggled. I don't know what it is about towels, but every kid I know loves to snuggle in a towel. So we sang a few songs. He really just wanted me to sing Jesus loves Me. He'd fuss if I change songs. So I sang to him until he fell asleep. What a rare occasion to hold him for so long, and then to sing him to sleep, even rarer.

So to those of you reading who still have kids who snuggle with you, enjoy it a little extra today, because tomorrow they may be too "busy."

0 comments: