Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Gorgeous Weather for Miracles

Last evening the weather was gorgeous. Troy had to prepare for the service today, so I took the kids out for a walk to the park. Joel had a great time. When we got there, there was a group playing baseball with wiffle balls and large plastic bats. He watched them for awhile.
Photobucket

Then off to the playground,
Photobucket
where he could slide till his heart was content.
Photobucket
Photobucket
His favorite slide, is not mommies favorite. It's the classic slide. The one that has probably been there since the grandparents of this town were little and sliding on it. It's tall and has no railing. But it's not too steep, so it's safer than most give it credit.
Photobucket
Photobucket

After the slide, there's is the classic "Horse Go Round." 4 horses that have been painted so many times they are now mulicolor horses. And of course, I really wonder if that paint is older than 1977... But Joel loves it and will go around and around. In fact, I started pushing him around and other kids joined. They soon got off and new kids joined him. When all was done, Joel was the first on and last off. And he only got off because I had to take care of Isaac.
Photobucket
After a few more scary slides down the big red slide, we stopped at the nice big tree with a perfect spot for two little ones to sit and get their picture taken. The problem is, it is hard to get a two year old and a crawling 7 month old to 1. Sit still 2. Both be looking at the camera.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Joel also really enjoyed his stick he found. It looked like a switch to me, a short handle with lots of twigs sticking out.
Photobucket

On our way, we saw Troy leaving, so we waved. I was pretty relieved that he had left before we got home, since bedtime can interfere with his preparations. When we get home, I find the door locked. I don't have my keys. I go to the back door, locked. Front door, locked. What am I going to do? Troy JUST left and I don't know where he went or when he would be back. I was thankful that I had brought a diaper because Isaac had pooped while at the park. My mind was thinking over a lot of scenarios for what to do. It was getting late and the kids needed to go to sleep. I just went to the back door to see if there was anything I could do, and I went to try once more...and as I was reaching for the door knob, I noticed the door was open a few inches. Still locked, the latch in the outward position. I had tried that door and pushed and it did not budge, yet here it was open a few inches. Thanking Jesus I went and gathered up the kids. It was nothing short of a miracle that the door was open.

0 comments: