Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Tale of the Missing Socks

You've all heard about them. Most have probably had your own loss. You put socks in to be washed and dried. Then you go to fold them, and they are missing their match. Where do they go??? And do they ever reappear? Here's the trip of Joel's missing socks.

About a year and a half ago, before Joel was born, I was washing all of his baby clothes. Two new pair of socks, fuzzy yellow and a fuzzy blue pair. I go to fold them, and not only did I have missing a yellow sock, but a blue as well. What a coincidence. I figured that with the type of sock they were, they must have got stuck inside some clothes and that I'd find them eventually as Joel wore them.

Several months ago I was folding clothes, and lo and behold, the missing yellow sock. Only....it was NOT yellow any more. It was grey. Barely recognizable as the fuzzy yellow sock that was washed that day. I knew it wasn't inside the clothes, it must have gotten stuck in the washer somehow....

And now... just yesterday, I was folding laundry, the fuzzy blue sock showed up. And not only it, but several other items that must have been in holding with it. Once again faded and barely recognizable. Holding lots of lint. For a year and a half this sock has lived it's life inside my washing machine going around and around. Finally it and it's friends decided they were going to make a jail break.

2 comments:

wheelercreations said...

It makes the saying, the laundry maching at the socks a whole new meaning doesn't it? I usually find Danica's inside missing clothes though!

The Beynon Family said...

Erynn: This is hilarious! I can just picture that poor little sock. Happy to be home!